Tuesday, September 6, 2011

All About Jazzy Jess


Dance has been my passion and primary interest since the age of three. I have performed in numerous shows at the Kennedy Center in Washington DC, and one at the illustrious Lincoln Theater on Broadway in New York City. More recently I have started teaching at a local dance studio in Calvert County and judging at regional dance competitions up and down the east coast. I teach ballet, tap, jazz, lyrical, hip hop, and gymnastics. After I graduate college I plan to move to the west coast to become a full time performer. My goal is to one day be a tour dancer for various artists such as, Janet Jackson, Britney Spears, and Beyonce. If that doesn’t work there is always Las Vegas and/or cruise ships.
                While dance is my main interest, it is not my only interest. I love all things artistic and anything hands on including, fashion, jewelry making, interior decorating, coloring, and painting. In my free time I like to plan and decorate parties and events for friends and family. I also enjoy baking and have a small cupcake business on the side.
                This is my third, and hopefully last, year at UMBC. I transferred from the College of Southern Maryland with an associates in communications and decided to stick with it. Consequently I am a MCS major and American Studies minor. Ideally I would like to get into the advertising field. I would love to maybe work in PR or be an advertising executive for the fashion industry and/or a major corporation like Disney.
                The aspects I love most about MCS are its ability to be unavoidable and ever-changing. We cannot escape the media. We are surrounded by multiple types of media daily and simultaneously. Also, media never stops. It is constantly on going and changes as society’s demands for it change.


No comments:

Post a Comment